Not at Fall Toy Preview? Here’s What You’re Missing Out On
October 2, 2018 | Not at The Toy Association’s Fall Toy Preview this week? Here’s what you’re missing:
- Pitching Product Ideas to Walmart Women in Toys, Licensing & Entertainment (WIT) hosted its annual WIT Empowerment Day on Monday at the Dallas Market Center. Held in collaboration with Walmart, female entrepreneurs, inventors, startups, and women-led businesses who are members of WIT pitched their products, experienced one-on-one mentoring, and networked. WIT members got to pitch their products directly to Walmart buyers and top toy companies, including Hasbro, Spin Master, PlayMonster, Jazwares, Basic Fun!, and other industry experts for licensing or feedback.
- Meeting with a Record Number of Buyers
The fall marketplace has seen a 25 percent increase in registered retail companies compared to last year. More buyers mean more opportunity to do business – large and small retailers from across the country are descending on the Dallas Market Center to search for the next hot product.
- Promoting your Brand with Social Media Influencers
Exhibitors are meeting with local social media influencers and participating in a 10-minute product demonstration at the inaugural Blogger Breakfast, held today from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. The Blogger Breakfast will host local toy influencers looking for the hottest product for holiday ’18.
On Wednesday, David Becker of Blue Plate Media Services will share insights about a “balanced diet” of media buying during a complimentary session, “Understand the ‘Balanced Diet’ of Media Matters,” taking place from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. in the Atrium Lobby.
- Networking, Networking, Networking….
The annual opening night party, takingplace on Tuesday in the Grand Pavilion atrium of the Dallas Market Center from 5:30 to 7 p.m., is the premier networking event for toy professionals while in Dallas. Exhibitors receive two complimentary tickets for an evening of food, cocktails, entertainment, and a chance to catch up with peers. Additional tickets are just $25 per person. Proceeds will benefit The Toy Foundation.
The Toy Association’s Young Professionals Network (YPN) will host an enhanced Mentor Meet Up & Cocktail Party at Uchiba on Wednesday from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., where attendees can mix and mingle with other toy professionals, have a drink, listen to live music, and hear a short panel discussion. YPN is targeted towards industry professionals 35 and under, but all Toy Association members, exhibitors, and show attendees are welcome to attend the event by registering online. The event is co-sponsored by YPN and Spin Master.
- Donating Products to Kids in Need
The Toy Foundation will host its annual toy collection on Thursday following the show’s close. Exhibitors are encouraged to donate their toys and games, which will benefit disadvantaged children in the metro Dallas area. Exhibitors who wish to join these crucial efforts are encouraged to stop by the Foundation’s booth (#12-2424) or contact Elizabeth Max, TTF’s senior foundation manager.
If you missed Fall Toy Preview this year, be sure to save the date for next year’s show, taking place October 2 to 4, 2019 at the Dallas Market Center in Dallas, TX.