Toy Fair New York: Events and Resources for International Attendees
February 11, 2019 | Toy Fair New York will open its doors to more than 30,000 global play professionals from more than 100 countries. In order to enhance the show experience for international attendees, The Toy Association and its partners have provided several resources, show events, and educational sessions that appeal to the global attendees.
"We are proud that the global toy and play community considers Toy Fair a not-to-miss event that provides a critical gateway to business both within and well beyond the U.S. borders,” said Marian Bossard, executive vice president of global market events at The Toy Association. “Toy Fair’s international audience has been growing significantly and becoming more diverse. We offer several networking and educational offerings to cater to our global guests that will make their time in New York City as productive and as enjoyable as possible.”
International guests are invited to check out the following events:
- International Welcome Reception: Saturday, February 16, 6 p.m. (Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, Member Hospitality Lounge, Level 1) An invite-only International Visitors’ Welcome Reception will take place on Saturday after the show closes to allow international Toy Fair exhibitors, press, trade officials, embassy representatives, and other attendees meet and mingle.
- Global Trade and Market Expansion Sessions: Sunday, February 17, 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. (Hall 1E, Room 1E11) Gain insights into key findings from Toy Association-commissioned research on China and Brazil. Seminar presentations will include demographics, social, economic, and geographic trends; toy industry growth and product category demand; as well as trends in consumer behavior in each country. Separate seminars exploring each country will take place on Sunday. This session is free for Toy Association members and $99 for non-members who wish to attend.
- 5th Annual Great Canadian Play Date: Sunday, February 17, 6 p.m. (Javits Center, Member Hospitality Lounge, Level 1, Hall 1E) Canadian toy industry members are invited to celebrate the great Canadian experience with colleagues and leaders of the Canadian Toy Association. Guests will enjoy a little play time after the show with friends, drinks, snacks, and a chance to win Canadian themed prizes. This event is only open to Canadians in the toy industry; bring a business card that includes a Canadian telephone number and/or address. Contact Serge Micheli at the Canadian Toy Association to RSVP.
- International buyers are also welcome to use the Toy Fair Buyers Lounge & International Business Center, located in Room 1B03, where they will find private meeting space and comfortable seating.
In addition, global guests are encouraged to:
- Secure tickets to the Toy of the Year Awards afterparty, taking place on February 15 at The Ziegfeld Ballroom;
- Attend The Toy Association’s “Toy Trends Briefing,” taking place Sunday, February 17, to get a sense of the hot toy and youth entertainment trends for 2019; and
- Learn more about important toy safety laws and regulations in the U.S. and abroad at the “Toy Safety & Compliance Update” on Monday February 18.
Separately, The Toy Association will host the six-annual Toy Fair international media delegation – including 17 international editors that are invited to attend several special activities during the show to gain insight into the $27 billion U.S. toy market.
With more events and happenings being added to the schedule each day, visit www.ToyFairNY.com for up-to-the minute details on exhibitor listings, educational sessions, and more, or download the free Toy Fair Mobile app on iTunes or Google Play.