The 2019 TOTY Awards: Here’s What You Need to Know
January 15, 2019 | Toy industry professionals still have time to purchase tickets for the much-anticipated 19th annual Toy of the Year (TOTY) Awards ceremony, taking place on Friday, February 15 at the Ziegfeld Ballroom in New York City. Below is everything you need to know about the upcoming event, including gala details, ticketing, and more:
What Happens at the Event
- The TOTY Awards program and event celebrates the industry’s top toys, games, and licenses in the marketplace, and serves as a critical fundraiser for The Toy Foundation.
- The cocktail networking reception will begin at 6:30 p.m. with hors d’oeuvres, followed by a plated dinner during the ceremony.
- During dinner, TOTY Awards will be presented in 17 categories. (View the categories online.) Additionally, one product will win the People’s Choice Award, based solely on consumer votes, and another will win the coveted overall Toy of the Year Award, selected by a panel of retailers, journalists, and industry analysts.
- During the ceremony, guests will enjoy live entertainment and a special tribute to the Foundation.
- The ceremony will also commemorate the newest inductees into the Toy Industry Hall of Fame.
- Following the awards presentation, guests are invited to attend a celebratory dessert reception and networking afterparty from 9:30 to 11 p.m.!
- Tickets for the entire evening just $395 per person ($3,950 per 10-person table).
- Guests may also purchase tickets for the afterparty only for $95.
- To reserve tickets or tables, interested parties may register online. For parties of 20 or more, or for additional information, please contact the TOTY reservationist.
Honoring the Foundation
- The TOTY Awards program is a critical fundraiser for The Toy Foundation. Since 2003, the Foundation has provided more than $225 million in brand-new toys to over 25 million deserving children through its signature program, The Toy Bank.
- Companies looking for a valuable way to promote their brands – and contribute to a good cause – have until January 25 to reserve ad space in the Foundation’s 2019 Tribute Book, the official event program for the TOTY Awards ceremony. Contact Elizabeth Max, senior foundation manager, for more information.
More information about the TOTY Awards is available at TOTYAwards.org. The event kicks off the 116th North American International Toy Fair taking place February 16 to 19 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center.