The Toy Association’s Annual General Meeting to Take Place at Toy Fair
January 22, 2018 | The Toy Association has announced that its Annual General Meeting will convene at 8 a.m. on Monday, February 19, 2018 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City.
Held on-site at the North American International Toy Fair in Room 1E09, the one-hour meeting will include a review of the Association’s activities, fiscal performance, and forward direction, as well as the election of industry representatives to the Board of Directors. The meeting is free and open to both members and non-members of the Association. A light breakfast will be served.
The Nominating Committee has advanced the following candidates for election to first terms on The Toy Association Board of Directors; the election will occur during the Annual General Meeting:
- Smith Holland, president & CEO, Crayola, LLC
- Michael Keaton, president, Schleich North America
- Tim Kilpin, CEO & president, Consumer Products Division, Activision Blizzard
- Andrew Quartin, CEO, Thames & Kosmos, LLC
- Andrew Weiner, president, Toy’n around
The following members of The Toy Association’s Board of Directors have been advanced by the Nominating Committee for re-election to second terms:
- Kathleen Campisano, vice president, GMM Specialty, Barnes & Noble, Inc.
- Jennifer Caveza, senior vice president, Toys, Nickelodeon Consumer Products
- Charlie Emby, co-president, Just Play, LLC
- Barbara Finigan, executive vice president & chief legal officer, Hasbro, Inc.
- Skip Kodak, senior vice president, Americas, LEGO Systems, Inc.
- Geoffrey Walker, executive vice president & chief strategic technology officer, Mattel, Inc.
- Nancy Zwiers, chief marketing officer, Spin Master Corp.
A member of the Board may serve up to three consecutive two-year terms.
Immediately following the meeting, The Toy Association will host its annual “Toy Safety & Compliance Update” from 9:30 a.m. until noon. The session is also free and open to all Toy Fair attendees, and will cover important changes in state, federal, and international toy safety requirements and introduce emerging issues under consideration by legislators around the globe.
Information about these and other Toy Fair seminars, activities and happenings can be found at www.ToyFairNY.com.